Yamamoto Genryusai is a powerful character in the popular anime and manga series, Bleach. As the captain of the 1st Division of the Gotei 13, he is known for his immense strength and leadership skills. In this post, we will cover some important things that every Bleach fan should know about Yamamoto Genryusai.
Yamamoto bleach – Thinks you need to know
Yamamoto Genryusai was the most powerful Shinigami for thousands of years and served as 1st Division Captain besides that he is the Captain-Commander of the whole Gotei 13.
He is a bald old man with thousands of years of experience, he is one of the most powerful characters in Bleach as we saw in Bleach TYBW Arc Episode 5, just by releasing his Zanpakutō he killed Sternritter O, Overkill. His body had many scars on it and one of the scars just above his right eye was given by his lieutenant, Chōjirō Sasakibe.
When there was only a single scar above his eye, people used to call him’Ejiusai ‘. But after getting a second scar which he got from Sasakibe’s Bankai, people started calling him ‘Jujisai’. Regardless of that Sasakibe stubbornly called him ‘Ejiusai’. Later Yamamoto changed his name to ‘Genyrusai’.
He had a very muscular body which he used to flex in every serious fight and the fire of his Zanpakutō appears in the background making the scene cool. But in ‘Fake Karakura Town Arc’ when he was fighting with Aizen he lost his left hand.
Yamamoto Genryusai Powers
- Swordsmanship:- As I have mentioned above he killed Sternritter O, Overkill without touching him. He is one of the strongest swordsmen in Bleach Anime even though he can easily take down someone like Makima, one of the most powerful characters in the Chainsaw Man Series, and by using his Bankai he can solo Chainsaw Man verse.
- Immense Strength: – This old man possesses super strength he blocked a punch from Ayon and killed him. He also destroyed half of the Wonderweiss’s body with just one punch.
- Immense Durability: – He took multiple punches from Wonderweiss’ multiple arms twice but came out unfazed with no more than scratches. In his younger days, he challenged Chōjirō to defeat him with his newly learned Bankai, and in the end, he got only 1 scar above his right eye.
Suggested:- Suzume no tojimari Release Date in India
Yamamoto Genryusai Abilities
- Hakuda Master:- Without using his Zanpakutō, he is still far strong than any Shinigami in hand-to-hand combat. He took Ayon’s attacks effortlessly and could break through Espada-level Hierro with his hand blows only.
- Kido Master:- He has a great knowledge of Kido too. Unlike others, he could cast Kido spells with no incantation. In his fight with Aizen, he used Hado-96 with great effect without calling its name.
- Shunpo Master:- He is highly skilled in Shunpo Art. He outraced Kyoraku and Ukitake when chasing them in Seireitei and reached the destination first.
- Immense Reiatsu:- His Reiatsu is strong even to make lieutenant-level Shinigami get on his knees. He served as a Captain-Commander for thousand years and in that time there was not even a single Shinigami who could overpower him. Even Aizen admits that in one-on-one fights Yamamoto could overpower him.
Yamamoto Genryusai was the founder of “Genryu” and served as a head instructor of “Genji School” around 2100 years ago. later he also found Gotei 13. He approached Yachiru Unohana to join the organization as the founding captain. He also taught Kyoraku Shinshui and Jūshirō Ukitake. At some point, they also become captains of Gotei 13.
Sasakibe used to visit him and referred to him as “Eijisai-dono”, a reference to the scar on his forehead. Chōjirō wants to become the right hand of Genryusai and help him to do things that he couldn’t able to do. Chōjirō, in a fight with Genryusai, used his Bankai but was unable to beat him but leaving a permanent scar.
Yamamoto fought Yhwach around 1000 years ago after becoming Captain-Commander of the Gotei 13 but he failed, although he killed some of the Yhwach subordinates, Quincy.